- Developer at QBurst
- Occasional blogger
- Twitter/Github - @shameerc
- Created by Brenden Eich, in 1995.
- Standardized by ECMA, named it ECMAScript.
- Current version - 5.1.
- ES6 is underway, will be released by end of 2013.
- Most popular programming language.
- Most ignored programming language.
Imperative, Object Oriented and Functional
- DOM Manipulations
- Form validations
- Animations and User interactions
- Audio and Video tags
- Webaudio API
Bi-directional full duplex communication between client and server
Devicelight, Device proximity, Device orientation, Battery status api, etc.
Native mobile apps
Package web apps to run like native apps
- High performance, scalable apps using Node.js
- Express.js, geddy, Meteor, Mojito, etc.
MongoDB, CouchDB, etc.
- Browser extensions
- Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 8, Chrome OS, etc.)
- npm modules as commandline tools
- node-webkit for cross platform native applications